Artist Residency Programme:
– Asian Cultural Council (Indonesia & New York)
– ilYoung (Sweden)
– Hong Kong Dance Award Fellowship
– Creative Meeting Point: Hong Kong × Finland
– i-dance(HK) Lab
Movement Research Plan:
This movement research explores, develops and builds a movement language that is unique to everyone’s body, guided by the “Qi” from Taoist scriptures, the Liquid Body and the Five Rhythms. The exercises are categorized as follows:
1. Conditioning: to relax the body and mind, so that “Qi” can be free and operate properly within the body.
2. Adaptation: to accumulate the “Qi” in the body through collecting mind and ideas, practising breathing, and exercising physically, so as to warm up the body mildly from inside.
3. Flowing of kinetic energy: to connect and allow interaction of the “Qi” in the body with that from the outside world through improvisation and imagination.
4. Layering: from understanding the flow of body fluids, to induce the different forms and textures of body movement, while being aware of their own bodies’ original characteristics.